There are numerous benefits to consider if you install solar PV to your property, including the environmental and financial benefits. The numerous benefits include the following:
- A solar PV system will reduce and potentially remove the requirement to buy electricity. This will both reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, and ensure average savings of around £230 a year being reliant on the sun's energy through PV.
- A PV system is a major step towards reducing your carbon footprint and playing your part against climate change.
- Utilise the feed in tariff: The feed-in-tariff (FiT) will imburse you 41.3p per KW of energy via a PV system. An additional 3p per unit for each unit you sell back. Please note that these are also tax free payments.
- Placing a solar PV to your property can increase the value ensuring you can ask a higher price when selling it. The sum added is dependant on the type / size of system you installed.
- You potentially get a better R.O.I investing your savings into a PV system rather than putting it in a bank account or an ISA. You create an income from generating and exporting electricity.
- Solar PV systems are made from silicon, a derivative of sand which is widely available.
A solar PV system is a 'fit and forget' proposition; once you have installed it on your property there is nothing else you need to do. There are no moving parts to the system so the potential for a problem to occur is very small, and other than an occasional clean which should be taken care of by rainwater the only other thing necessary is the inspection and possible replacement of the electrical cabling every 20-25 years.